BUSINESS FOR SALE – YE OLDE FIGHTING COCKS
A unique opportunity has arisen to purchase the business and assets of Ye Olde Fighting Cocks, a true piece of English history. Reputedly England’s oldest pub, established in the 8th Century and moved to its current site, a Grade II listed building overlooking the picturesque River Ver, in the 1500s.
As we have received multiple expressions of interest for the above company our clients have decided to seek best and final offers.
We are inviting offers to be addressed to [email protected] by 4:00pm, Monday 14th February 2022.
The sale is to include
- transfer of the 10 year renewable lease, 5 years remaining (rent passing £86,000 pa), rent review due
- Fixtures and fittings
Viewings can be arrange by appointment only.
A recent fundraising brochure prepared by the company in 2020 is attached for reference or can be downloaded HERE.
In making an offer purchasers should please note:
- The vendors’ preference would be for unconditional offer for company assets. If purchasers choose to make a conditional offer, all conditions should be clearly stated.
- Offers should be for a definitive sum of money. Offers which are calculated by reference to any other offer received or on an escalating basis will not be considered.
- Offers should, where not stated previously, include the offeror’s bankers’ and solicitors’ details and the names and addresses of all offerors.
- If the offer is submitted on behalf of a limited company, confirmation that formal board approval for the offer exists should also be stated.
- The vendors undertake to consider all bids received. They do not, however, necessarily undertake to accept the highest, or indeed any, offer received.
- The vendors reserve the right to enter into discussions with any offeror before making a decision to sell in order to obtain clarification of any offer.
- Purchasers should, also, confirm the source of funding:
- If cash, confirmation that sufficient cash resources are held on deposit. Evidence of these funds will be required before an offer is accepted.
- If the intention is to fund the purchase via borrowing, purchasers should please confirm they have an unconditional offer of funding from, and the identity of, the lender. Evidence of such unconditional offer will be required before an offer is accepted.
- The sale will be by way of a sale and purchase agreement.
- The contract must be completed, and funds remitted, no later than 4.00 pm Monday 28 February 2022.
Offers and queries to be submitted to [email protected]