Senior Site Porter
JPS Chartered Surveyors are fourth generation professional auctioneers and valuers who value, manage, and sell distressed assets on behalf of insolvency practitioners, lenders and private companies. The wide range of assets we handle range from industrial equipment to retail stock.
The Senior Site Porter is required to support the business by undertaking activities to a professional and efficient standard whilst directing and developing junior members of staff. Working collaboratively with the other staff when on client sites and assisting in the smooth, safe running of our Auction Centre.
Established in 2004, JPS Chartered Surveyors continue to grow with an increasing client base. In response to Covid, we have doubled the size of our Auction Centre and are now undertaking a scaling-up programme to support the increase in case load, creating opportunities for new team members.
Location: Based in Whitefield, Manchester M45; Client sites nationally, as required
Job Type: Permanent/Full Time
Reporting to: Directors / Case Managers
- 28 days including bank holidays.
- Private medical insurance.
- HealthShield cash plan, including access to HealthShield Perks.
- Death in service insurance
This role is varied and responsive, involving attending client sites, nationwide, to uplift machinery and business assets for relocation to our Auction Centre, and/or to supervise the safe removal by purchasers or third parties. Complying with, adhering to, overseeing and policing Health and Safety laws and practices.
A wide-ranging role that will include, but not limited to:
- Attending client sites as required to fulfil client requirements. Out of hours travel and occasional overnight stays.
- Managing and participating in the removal of assets in accordance with Health and Safety procedures,
- Undertaking dynamic risk assessments, formulating and recording method statements. Training will be provided as required,
- Managing and supervising the collection of assets by third parties, ensuring compliance with Health and Safety procedure, review of provided risk assessments and documentation, as required,
- Ensuring requirements are met in a professional and timely manner.
- Managing and developing junior members of staff.
- Preparation of sites for auction sales, including dynamic risk assessments, risk reduction, laying out of lots, etc..
- Cataloguing, labelling, and photographing auction items.
- Helping clients and purchasers with queries.
- Manual handling of auction items.
- Responsible and accountable for activities, identifying and reporting any issues to manager.
- Follow instructions within allocated timescales and feedback to manager of progress.
- Embracing and progressing our positive Environmental and Societal Responsibilities aspirations.
Skills, qualifications and attributes
- Reliable, dynamic, capable and solution orientated.
- Polite manner and appropriate presentation.
- Flexibility to assist as required fulfilling clients’ requirements.
- Able to lift / handle heavy goods on a day-to-day basis,
- Working under pressure and being well organised.
- A ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Computer literate (Outlook, Excel, Word) able to learn platforms/ software quickly,
- Driving licence, no more than 6 points on job application. Capable and experienced driving up to 3.5t van.
- Attention to detail and confidential.
- Ensuring our high level of professional service provision at all times.
- Capable of multitasking, delegating, and prioritising
- Good leadership skills
- Own car
- Health & Safety experience and qualifications.
- Forklift truck experience.
- Previous employment with auctioneer.
- Engineering awareness.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to: