JPS Chartered Surveyors are fourth generation professional auctioneers and valuers who value, manage, and sell distressed assets on behalf of insolvency practitioners, lenders and private companies. The wide range of assets we handle range from industrial equipment to retail stock.
Auction Porters are required to support the business by undertaking activities to a professional and efficient standard. Working collaboratively with the other staff when on client sites and assisting in the smooth, safe running of our Auction Centre (warehouse). in Whitefield, Manchester.
Established in 2004, JPS Chartered Surveyors continue to grow with an increasing client base. In response to Covid, we have doubled the size of our Auction Centre and are now undertaking a scaling-up programme to support the increase in case load, creating opportunities for new team members.
Location: Based in Whitefield, Manchester M45; Client sites nationally, as required
Job Type: Permanent/Full Time
Reporting to: Site Porter / Auction Centre Manager
- 28 days including bank holidays.
- Private medical insurance.
- HealthShield cash plan, including access to HealthShield Perks.
- Death in service insurance
This role is varied and responsive, involving attending client sites, nationwide, to uplift machinery and business assets for relocation to our Auction Centre, and/or to supervise the safe removal by purchasers or third parties. Complying with, adhering to, and overseeing Health and Safety laws and practice compliance. Providing efficient support including handling/management of assets through lot allocation (auction set-up) to final dispatch and or collection.
A wide-ranging role that will include, but not limited to:
- Attending client sites as required to fulfil client requirements. Out of hours travel and occasional overnight stays.
- Participating in the removal of assets in accordance with Health and Safety procedures,
- Facilitating customer collection of assets,
- Ensuring requirements are met in a professional and timely manner.
- Preparation of sites for auction sales, laying out of lots, etc..
- Cataloguing, labelling, and photographing auction items.
- Manual handling of auction items.
- Embracing and progressing our positive Environmental and Societal Responsibilities aspirations.
- Interacting with the customers face to face.
- Responsible and accountable for activities, identifying and reporting any issues to manager.
- Follow instructions within allocated timescales and feedback to manager of progress.
Skills, qualifications and attributes
- Reliable, dynamic, capable and solution orientated.
- Polite manner and appropriate presentation.
- Flexibility to assist as required fulfilling clients’ requirements.
- Able to lift / handle heavy goods on a day-to-day basis,
- Working under pressure and being well organised.
- A ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Computer literate (Outlook, Excel, Word) able to learn platforms/ software quickly,
- Driving licence, no more than 6 points on job application.
- Attention to detail and confidential.
- Ensuring our high level of professional service provision at all times.
- Capable of multitasking, delegating, and prioritising
- Own car.
- Health & Safety experience
- Forklift truck experience.
- Previous employment with auctioneer.
- Engineering awareness.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to: